The Cannon Beach Arts Association is seeking a part-time marketing intern to implement marketing projects between the months of October and March.
There is a possibility of working remotely, but the successful candidate will work at least one day per week in our mid-town Cannon Beach Gallery. The position pays $12 an hour for 15 to 20 hours of work per week.
The purpose of this internship is to provide work experience in social media and traditional marketing in the arts field. The arts association will also provide training in grant writing and provide the opportunity to write at least one grant for a nonprofit. There is a possibility of extending the position with successful grant funding.
To apply, send a cover letter explaining how you would be a good fit for this opportunity, and how this position would strengthen your academic experience. Include a resume and a link to your digital portfolio, and at least one social media account you manage (it can be your own).
All materials are due by 5 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23. Interviews will follow shortly thereafter. The position is expected to begin Sunday, Oct. 15. The position will remain open until filled.
Tasks include: posting show and event information to Facebook and Instagram; conducting interviews for the website and newsletter; filming for the YouTube channel; photographing art for the website and social media; writing two blog posts per month; writing press releases; coordinating catalogue, brochure, and card printing; setting up and tearing down events and workshops; grant writing.
• Bachelor of science or bachelor of arts degree in art, art history, marketing, arts management, or a related field, or enrolled in a four-year or graduate program, or related work experience.
• Working artist with online digital presence in portfolio and social media form.
• Full-time Clatsop or Tillamook county resident.
• Experience with graphic software and ability to learn new design programs.
• At least one year of marketing experience in the art field.