Let’s start with a sobering statistic: 50 percent of small businesses fail after five years in business. I am sure this got your attention! I don’t like to start my monthly article with a negative, but the good news is there is so much a small business owner can do to be successful!
On the plus side, small businesses account for most of the U.S. job growth year in and year out. What can you do to be part of the job growth and more importantly to fulfill your dream as a successful small business owner or manager, and entrepreneur?
Apply for our award-winning CCC Small Business Development Center Small Business Management program.
What is this all about?
If you have been in business for at least a year and are actively seeking resources and knowledge to gain control of your business and take it to the next level, SBM is for you!
Details of the program:
What is SBM? An exclusive nine-month executive business management program for established business owners in which YOUR business is the textbook.
The bi-weekly 90-minute classroom sessions are taught by subject matter experts and cover topics critical to every small business including Leadership & Management, Financial Analysis, Sales & Marketing, Customer Service, HR, Legal, Insurance, Technology and much more.
Completing SBM will improve your ability to:
• Clearly define your value proposition and use it effectively in marketing efforts
• Become a better leader and HR manager and protect your human capital investments.
• Read, analyze, and use financial statements
• Distinguish between marketing and sales and prepare a plan for each.
• Understand the capital marketplace so you can plan for expansion
• Think strategically about your business over its entire life
You’ll learn in three ways:
• Classroom time: meet and learn from experts in a variety of disciplines. These 1.5-hour sessions are held every other Wednesday.
• One-on-one coaching sessions with a business advisor who will help you take what you learn in the classroom and apply it now to your business.
• Learn from your peers. SBM participants are more than students, they become a team with the shared goal of business success.
The class meets every other Wednesday afternoon starting October 3rd.
Cost is $695 and includes at least 50 hours of training & coaching, all materials, and resources.
If this program is of interest to you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 503-338-2402 to get more details. Please note only have a select number of businesses that can be accepted into the program so apply now so we can schedule an interview.
It will be one of the most powerful decisions you have ever made as a business owner.