Search sponsored by Coast Marketplace
Home Signal Signal News

Fire at home on Lewis and Clark Road

Fire happened early Saturday
By Jack Heffernan

The Daily Astorian

Published on November 7, 2017 2:41PM

A man, woman and two pets were evacuated from a home on Lewis and Clark Road following a three-alarm fire early Saturday, Nov. 4.

Fire personnel responded to the home on the 87000 block of the road shortly after 2:15 a.m. When they arrived, firefighters evacuated a man from the balcony of the home and a woman who slipped and fell as she ran inside to collect belongings. Adding to the challenge was a steep driveway on the property and a lack of a nearby water source, Gearhart Fire Chief Bill Eddy said.

Firefighters were finally able to contain the fire after roughly two hours.

“It was a very, very tricky one,” Eddy said.

No injuries resulted from the fire. The damage to the structure and other items in the homes is estimated to be between $90,000 and $120,000.

Eddy said a wood stove chimney was the likely cause.


Share and Discuss


User Comments