Clatsop County Cultural Coaltion
The Clatsop County Cultural Coalition awarded 2018 grant recipients in ceremony held on Clatsop Community College Campus. Twelve awardees, including the Sunset Empire Park and Recreation District and the Seaside Museum and Historical Society, were granted over $13,000 in funds provided by Oregon Cultural Trust and Oregon Community Foundation.
• $2,000 — North Coast Symphonic Band, collaboration with 3 Leg Torso
• $1,600 — North Coast Chorale, musicial accompaniment for chorale performance
• $1,500 — Netel Grange #410, emergency exit addition
• $1,500 — Camp Kiwanilong, arts building improvement
• $1,280 — Seaside Park and Recreation District, children’s summer theater
• $1,200 — Tillicum Foundation, KMUN community radio audio equipment
• $1,000 — Partners for the PAC, 2018 concert series
• $1,000 — Astoria Visual Arts, gallery space improvement
• $700 — Tolovana Arts Colony, arts and cultural exchange series
• $644 — Seaside Museum and Historical Society, heritage field trip for fourth-graders
• $500 — Astoria Music Festival, free concert in the park
• $500 - Astoria Regatta Association - Mural Boards for Heritage Squar
The ceremony held on Wednesday evening was emceed by CCCC Co-Chair, Charlene Larsen. Those in attendance were treated to a special performance of holiday songs from the Astoria High School Choir, lead by Matt Pierce. Allison Tigard of the Arts Council of Clatsop County presented “The Arts Mean Business,” which highlighted the findings of the Arts and Economic Prosperity Study through the “Americans for the Arts” in 2016.