We are excited to announce an essential business workshop for the regional business community on Tuesday, Jan. 16 — “Building Joy & Wealth In Your Business.” This workshop helps business owners understand the current value of their business and what steps they can take to increase the value over the short-and long-term.
This is critical information for business owners who may be planning to transition the business in the next three to 10 years and for those who simply want to maximize the long-term potential and show you how to monitor your progress and ensure sustainability while building joy and wealth.
Questions to ask yourself:
• Do you “keep score” on how well your business is performing?
• Do you have a plan to improve the profitability of your business?
• Do you know the value of your business?
• Do you know the best time and process to transition the ownership of your business?
• What will your business legacy be? Do you have the next generation prepared to step up when it is time to exit, or current management that could take over?
Presenter will be Arnie Hendricks, who has collaborated with CEDR and the Clatsop Community College SBDC over the past several years to offer workshops for family owned businesses (which account for 65 percent of the businesses in Clatsop County). Hendricks has served over 300 companies. His goal is to help business owners solve issues which prohibit their profitable growth and prevent owners from increasing the value of their business. He is a certified management accountant, a certified exit planning advisor, and a certified family business advisor.
The workshop will be held Tuesday, Jan. 16, in Astoria at Clatsop Community College. Columbia Hall. Room 219. 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Cost is $49. Pre-registration is required.
To register for the workshop, email email@example.com, call 503-338-2402, or go to the CCC SBDC website at: bizcenter.org/centers/Clatsop-sbdc/our-classes.
This workshop is a must-attend for the 65 percent of businesses in our region that are family-owned.