Palo's Department Store was founded by the late Elmer and Ellen Palo in 1946, and located in Astoria’s Uniontown. In 1970, they sold the store to their son John Palo, and his wife, Roberta. John Palo died in 1988, and the store closed in 1992. Members of the Palo family visited Astoria's Uniontown for the dedication of a memorial bench, purchased by Palo’s Department Store, at Maritime Memorial Park.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.