People hanging out at the beach near Seaview, Washington, were treated to an impromptu demonstration this week of a water rescue training operation. The Coast Guard joined Pacific County emergency responders to practice how to save lives. Mock victims were plucked from the water by jet ski, …
Sailboat crews from across the Pacific Northwest gathered at the West Mooring Basin in Astoria this week for the start of the annual Oregon Offshore international yacht race. After a bumpy start crossing the bar, the boats sailed for the finish line at Victoria Harbor north of Seattle.
Teachers, administrators and others gathered Wednesday after school at the intersection of U.S. Highway 101 and Ensign Lane in Warrenton to demonstrate their support for increased state spending for education. Thousands of people across the state joined in the walkout.
Events in Portland and Seattle celebrating May Day were largely peaceful this year with hundreds of people taking to the streets to celebrate workers' and immigrant rights. One group marched to the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement headquarters in Portland and were met by police but t…
- Authorities investigate suicide on Astoria Bridge
- Chinook Nation buys an Oregon foothold
- Jewell School Board bars Hunsaker from representing district
- Eagle country: Ranchers blame eagles for livestock deaths in Brownsmead
- Music store closes downtown, hopes to relocate
- Two arrested on drug charges in Warrenton
- In Salem, lawmakers eye an unexpected windfall
- Woman guilty in Newport man's murder
- Activists gather in Astoria for abortion rights
- Deaths: May 18, 2019