ICE detains Fabian Alberto Zamora-Rodriguez after a felony charge hearing for encouraging child sexual abuse at the Astoria courthouse on Thursday, July 18. Family and advocates surrounded Zamora-Rodriguez and were pepper-sprayed by ICE as they took him into custody.
Minority Republican senators in the state Legislature walked out Thursday to block a vote on House Bill 2020, the controversial cap-and-trade climate bill which has been the subject of protests by supports and opponents for months. That prompted Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat, to order the stat…
Take a normal 3K/5K fun run and add copious amounts of colored powder and what you have is the annual Coast Color Dash in Gearhart. A group of runners covered head to toe in brightly colored streaks of purple, orange, green and blue powder gathered last weekend for the event, which benefits …
They may look like something from the Jurassic Period, but they must be fun to catch because fishermen have been out in droves on the Columbia River lately trying to haul in sturgeon. Several charter fishing vessels recently pulled in to the East Mooring Basin in Astoria with their catch, se…
- ICE detains man at Astoria courthouse
- Business leaders respond to safety concerns in downtown Astoria
- #TimberUnity finds a voice after cap and trade
- Warrenton subdivision project stalls
- Water under the bridge: Clatsop County woman named Miss Oregon
- Everyday People: Astoria man reflects on lessons from loss
- Astoria approves bid for Ocean View Cemetery master plan
- Writer believes his Astoria tale inspired 'Goonies'
- Apartment complex near Astoria Riverwalk moves forward
- Cannon Beach distiller sees no future in Oregon