A Coast Guard aircrew aboard an MH-60 Jayhawk helicopter from Sector Columbia River medically evacuated an ill crewman Friday off the motor vessel Garnet Leader 25 miles off Willapa Bay, Washington. He was taken to Columbia Memorial Hospital in Astoria.
The Seaside Civic and Convention Center is used to hosting dramatic performances. The venue is the site of the Miss Oregon competition every year but those performers typically do not need to be coaxed and/or carried into the limelight as was the case for some contestants at the Emerald Cat …
In the midst of a government shutdown with no end in sight, the Coast Guard continues to do the hard work of protecting the waters and people of Clatsop County and the rest of the country.
The Daily Astorian takes a look back at some of the most memorable images from Clatsop County during the past year. Young people stood out this year, whether it was urging people to vote or demonstrating against the threat of violence in schools. Viewers might notice several drone photos — t…
The Daily Astorian takes a look back at some of the most memorable images from Clatsop County during the past year. Young people stood out this year, whether it was urging people to vote or demonstrating against the threat of violence in schools. Viewers might notice three drone photos — the…
High school athletes in Clatsop County provided fans with plenty of memorable moments in 2018. The Seaside boys basketball team repeated as state champions, as did the Knappa baseball team. Students signed up to play at the next level on collegiate squads. Several teams made the playoffs in …
- Obituary: Ian Scot Monroe
- Hammond fisherman sentenced in sex abuse case
- Investigation into Clatsop County mental health director involved on-call duty
- Board shake-up at Clatsop County mental health agency
- Local builders to reopen Warrenton hardware store
- Coast Guard misses first paycheck amid shutdown
- Obituary: John Pierce Christie
- Astoria mayor apologizes to City Council
- Coast Guard rescues surfers near Indian Beach
- Search suspended for missing teenager on Columbia River