The connection between Astoria and Finland is well-documented. Large numbers of Finnish immigrants began settling in Astoria in the late 1800s. With that in mind, I traveled to Finland in early March and captured scenes from Helsinki and above the Arctic Circle — where the reindeer is still …
BEAUREGARD, Ala. — Volunteers helped clear debris-clogged roads and donated money to help pay for the funerals of 23 people killed by a devastating tornado in Alabama, where grieving survivors hunted amid twisted wreckage for keepsakes to help them remember the dead.
Flooding in Northern California left people trying to safely evacuate areas effectively cut off from the rest of the world. Floodwaters inundated the towns of Guerneville and Sebastopol, forcing many to take to boats, canoes and paddleboards to escape rising waters.
- Naselle woman sues Columbia Memorial Hospital after stroke
- Astoria, facing a flu outbreak, will scrub schools
- Astoria man indicted after allegedly attempting to run over a deputy
- Search continues for missing Svensen woman
- Man sentenced to prison for chainsaw attack
- Warrenton struggles with homelessness
- Warrenton remembers teen who died from the flu
- Emergency crews re-create Astoria Column rescue
- Changes planned at The Daily Astorian
- Port of Astoria prepares for $300 harbor fee