Minority Republican senators in the state Legislature walked out Thursday to block a vote on House Bill 2020, the controversial cap-and-trade climate bill which has been the subject of protests by supports and opponents for months. That prompted Gov. Kate Brown, a Democrat, to order the stat…
Take a normal 3K/5K fun run and add copious amounts of colored powder and what you have is the annual Coast Color Dash in Gearhart. A group of runners covered head to toe in brightly colored streaks of purple, orange, green and blue powder gathered last weekend for the event, which benefits …
They may look like something from the Jurassic Period, but they must be fun to catch because fishermen have been out in droves on the Columbia River lately trying to haul in sturgeon. Several charter fishing vessels recently pulled in to the East Mooring Basin in Astoria with their catch, se…
People hanging out at the beach near Seaview, Washington, were treated to an impromptu demonstration this week of a water rescue training operation. The Coast Guard joined Pacific County emergency responders to practice how to save lives. Mock victims were plucked from the water by jet ski, …
Sailboat crews from across the Pacific Northwest gathered at the West Mooring Basin in Astoria this week for the start of the annual Oregon Offshore international yacht race. After a bumpy start crossing the bar, the boats sailed for the finish line at Victoria Harbor north of Seattle.
Teachers, administrators and others gathered Wednesday after school at the intersection of U.S. Highway 101 and Ensign Lane in Warrenton to demonstrate their support for increased state spending for education. Thousands of people across the state joined in the walkout.
- ICE detains man at Astoria courthouse
- Business leaders respond to safety concerns in downtown Astoria
- Warrenton subdivision project stalls
- Writer believes his Astoria tale inspired 'Goonies'
- Water under the bridge: Clatsop County woman named Miss Oregon
- Astoria approves bid for Ocean View Cemetery master plan
- Everyday People: Astoria man reflects on lessons from loss
- #TimberUnity finds a voice after cap and trade
- Apartment complex near Astoria Riverwalk moves forward
- Obituary: Dewey Deane Johnson