Astoria Fire and Rescue arrived just in the nick of time today to put out an upstairs fire before it spread.

A homeowner in the 1500 block of Seventh Street called 911 just before 8 a.m. to report smoke coming from a wall.

Fire personnel arrived and found the fire. They were able to put it out before much damage could be done, Deputy Fire Chief Steve Straily said.

“We did put out a small fire in a bedroom,” he said. “Thankfully, we were able to get it out pretty quickly.”

The cause of the fire is likely a reptile tank heating lamp.

There were no injuries.

Tags

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.