Cannon Beach Fire and Rescue responded to a chimney fire Sunday evening at the Ocean Lodge, 2864 Pacific St. in Cannon Beach. Guests were evacuated from the lodge and no one was injured. The fire was confined to the chimney cap, which was totally destroyed in the fire. Damage is estimated at $2,000. Fire Marshal Mike Graham said the fire may have been caused by creosote buildup.

Tags

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.