Educational help is available to children from birth to age 21 who have disabilities that affect their learning. These disabilities include speech/language, hearing, visual, orthopedic or other impairments; emotional disturbance, traumatic brain injury, mental retardation/developmentally delayed or specific learning disabilities.

The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act offers special education services for these individuals. For information, contact the Special Education Department in a local district.

Astoria - Diane Higgins, 325-0476

Warrenton - Leila Collier, 861-2281

Seaside - Dan Gaffney, 738-5591

Jewell - Judy Wickliffe, 755-2441

Knappa - Paula Mills, 458-6166

In addition, people interested in acting as a surrogate parent in educational planning for special education students whose parents are not available, contact a school district's special education director.


Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.