GEARHART - It was a busy Saturday night for the Gearhart fire department as they put out two fires. No one was hurt in either fire.

"Both of them were nice simple easy ones," Fire Chief Bill Eddy said. "Luckily. ... They both could have been bad, but they were caught early enough."

The firefighters responded at 9:21 p.m. to a small fire at No. 6 in Unit 421 of Building 62 on 10th Street. The fire, which was caused by a cracked firebox inside the chimney, did between $500 and $600 damage, Eddy said.

At 1:17 a.m., the firefighters were at it again, this time at 90400 Lewis Road in Warrenton. An attic fire probably caused by a wood stove burned through several rafters, causing about $3,000 in damage.

"We were there for three hours removing insulation," Eddy said.

Tags

Recommended for you

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.