WARRENTON — No injuries or major damage were reported in a fire at a homeless camp behind Goodwill on Saturday night.

Around 6:30 p.m., the Warrenton Fire Department responded to a fire that started about 400 feet away from the store, said Assistant Fire Chief Brian Alsbury. The fire spread to a few nearby trees, but otherwise was contained in under an hour.

It is unclear what started the fire, Alsbury said, though it appeared it was a tent that caught fire. There were also several propane tanks at the scene.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.