SEASIDE - The Seaside Volunteer Fire Department responded to a fire at approximately 11:09 a.m. Tuesday.
The blaze was initially reported as a chimney fire but on arrival, firefighters found the walls surrounding the gas fireplace were on fire. The residence at 870 S. Holladay Drive, Seaside, is owned by Angel Growan of Portland and was being occupied by Dewey Brown at the time of the fire.
Seaside Fire Marshal Chris Dugan said there was approximately $10,000 worth of damage done to the condo, which is valued at $880,000.
Volunteers from Seaside, Gearhart and Cannon Beach responded to the fire, along with Medix ambulance and the Seaside Police Department. The scene was cleared at approximately 12:30 p.m.