The Clatsop County Historical Society has announced there will be free admission to the Uppertown Firefighters Museum, 2968 Marine Drive, from noon to 3 p.m. Saturdays in July.

The museum houses an extensive collection of fire-fighting equipment used by Astoria firefighters from 1873 to 1963, including the rare 1876 LaFrance Company horse-drawn hook and ladder wagon and the 1921 Stutz Corporation pumper truck, which had arrived in time to play an important role in the battle against the great fire of 1922.

• For information, call 503-325-2203 or go to http://cumtux.org

Tags

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.