Tax Details Incorrect - A story in The Daily Astorian Monday from The Associated Press erroneously reported that Longview Aluminum hasn't paid any property taxes on a Longview, Wash., smelter it bought from Alcoa Inc. in February 2001. In March, the company paid $101,411.61 in property taxes for the land, furniture and some equipment, according to the Cowlitz County Treasurer's Office. The payment was for the first half of 2002. Longview has not paid property taxes on the smelter itself this year while it appeals the county's assessment. The company contends the smelter is worthless while it is closed. Alcoa paid the 2001 property taxes owed on the smelter.
- Landslide uproots home on Alameda Avenue
- Hillside off Alameda Avenue 'marginally stable'
- Virus outbreaks disclosed at Clatsop Retirement Village, Big River Excavating
- Italian market coming to Astoria
- Affordable housing project looks for downtown workers
- County records fourth virus death
- State weighed slide risk before logging off Highway 30
- Fifth virus death reported in county
- Nordic park passes $1M in fundraising
- Community leaders issue plea to stem virus on the North Coast
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.