"...the mountains do not appear very high in any direction tho' the tops of some of them are partially covered in snow. This convinces me that we have ascended to a great hight since we have entered the rocky Mountains, yet the ascent has been so gradual along the vallies that it was scarcely perceptible by land. I do not believe that the world can furnish an example of a river running to the extent which the Missouri and Jefferson's rivers do through such a mountainous country and at the same time so navigable as they are. If the Columbia furnishes us such another example, a communication across the continent by water will be practicable and safe..."
- Astoria reopens hearing on waterfront hotel
- Astoria will consider older name for historic cemetery
- Clatsop Behavioral Healthcare, sheriff address limits on crisis services
- County tackles vacation rental rules
- Deaths: Feb. 27, 2021
- Obituary: Abigail Mae Strnad
- Obituary: Todd Arlen Chase
- Deaths: March 4, 2021
- Land Use Board of Appeals sides with Cannon Beach on dune grading
- Port signs fishmeal processor to long-term lease
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.